Went to Brisbane. Brisbane's really quite awesome.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I cannot remember my New Year's resolutions, but I'm sure that one was getting my driver's licence. That's my resolution for the coming year as well. My learner's permit expires in May, so it'll have to be before then.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Surgery! (Actually, there wasn't an opportunity this year, so it's kind of moot.)
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
24 March. It's my tranniversary! (Apparently this is a thing? Anyway, it's the date of my first shot of hormones.)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
University! I have an A average. And two subjects with A scores. My first semester subject mark was 87%!
9. What was your biggest failure?
The essay for the subject I got "only" 77% for. (77% is still a very good mark and above the average I need for honours.)
Also, not working in my studio.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
OMG, I got sick so many times this year! It's horrible.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new bathers!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
No one personally.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I don't know really. Most of it actually got saved. I have a term deposit now, which feels very grown up.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Never Tear Us Apart, INXS.
Blessed, Lucinda Williams.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i) Happier or sadder? Happier.
ii) Thinner or fatter? I don't know.
iii) Richer or poorer? Richer, figuratively as well as financially.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Essay drafting. Working in my studio.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With grandmothers and parents at maternal grandmother's house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Fiction: The Broken Kingdoms, N K Jemisin.
Non-Fiction: The Greatest Show on Earth, Richard Dawkins.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
Surgery (see above).
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I'm bad at keeping track of what I've seen when.
Thor, I think.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 26. I got a 0th birthday card from parents. Went to the pub with friends and got bought a lot of cider.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
There is nothing I can put on this list.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Trying to buy things that my cool friends would like.
34. What kept you sane?
Hormones! (Do you sense a theme? I mean this literally.)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Um, most recently Chris Evans.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Asylum Seekers. And the US Occupy Movement.
But most doesn't really say much about my political thinking this year.
37. Who did you miss?
Bec, who spent 6 months up north.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Colleagues from work and people in my classes at Uni.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Nothing you know about your life is the same as what someone else knows about their own life, but this doesn't mean that you can't helpfully share with other people.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
This hardly "sums up my year," but, given my year, this seems the most appropriate that I can think of right now.
When I was born, they looked at me and said,
"What a good boy, what a smart boy, what a strong boy."
And when you were born, they looked at you and said,
"What a good girl, what a smart girl, what a pretty girl."
Barenaked Ladies, What A Good Boy
Please come to the dreamwidth post of this entry! There are comments