New and interesting paper conservation things including wet treatments and book related things.
Stay the night at a lover's/partner's house (I'm pretty sure that this is true, although I only just realised it).
Wore a trencher (flat tasseled hat).
Presented original research.
Visited the Australian Lesbian and Gay Archive.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Holding the driver licence thing over AGAIN. For real this time, and I did have lessons.
This year I resolve to:
Take more time in the doing of and preparing for the doing of all things. Be more considerate in the sense of taking a moment to consider all things.
Also, get my licence.
Make actual exercise part of my commute.
Note every book I finish.
Tend towards reading things by people who aren't cis white men.
Create things that I am not required to create.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Other states of Australia.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Professional employment in my field.
Quiet time where I can ignore people.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
20 May, being the date my parter asked if I wanted to be with her.
16 October, being the date my thesis was due.
14 December, being the date I graduated.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
THESIS THESIS THESIS!!!
So good, I am so pleased/happy/proud/excited
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting some relationships falter.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a lingering cold for a lot of winter.
Also, just last week banged my head on a bit of concrete porch pillar hard enough to need two stitches.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A good friend got married and I bought the loudest suit from a conservative suit designer.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My partner, who is so generous and accepting.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Tony Abbott. OMG am I disgusted by our (NOW EX woohoo) Prime Minister
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, I guess.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our professional conference.
Presenting on my thesis.
Being done with thesis.
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
I do not know the names of songs.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i) Happier or sadder? Happier.
ii) Thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii) Richer or poorer? Poorer, for sure, except in all the non-money ways.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Asserted my boundaries, maybe.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
IDK. I feel pretty ok my behaviour this year and also like, I can't get my head around how I would have changed it?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Had breakfast with my parents and then went to my partner's mum's for lunch.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Brooklyn Nine Nine
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Good thesis mark.
29. What did you want and not get?
The three week job in Sydney.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
The High Sun, which my partner took me to at the Melbourne International Film Festival.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
30. Had a big-ish party.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Fewer inane hypothetical questions from my housemates. Also them asserting their boundaries.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
I wouldn't. My partner throws around words like nerd and camp and adorable.
34. What kept you sane?
Being able to sit next to my partner in silence.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
There wasn't really anyone I can think of. Maybe Daisy Ridley, who's super cute.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I still get very antsy about same-sex marriage and rhetoric around that.
Australia's treatment of asylum seekers is one of the most disgusting things and I mostly tried to shy away from it mentally.
37. Who did you miss?
My brother, who has moved to Canada.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:
I have to spend time on my own.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
This is still not happening.
Please come to the dreamwidth post of this entry! There are comments