Took my partner to a work event.
Went as plus-one to a wedding.
Swam in my uncle's pool.
Broke the lease on a house.
Adopted a cat.
Hired a car.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I got my licence! finally finally finally
Not much better on the doing of things, but seeking professional help with that in the new year, which will be good.
Not good on the exercise thing, but I did the rest of the things.
This year I resolve to:
Work on professional mental health.
Make more things.
Complete some piece of original research.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Gumption and go.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
29 August, when we got our cat.
17 November, being the date my partner and I moved into our own place together.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting moved out of old living situation and into new house.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my bike.
Maybe getting into the old living situation.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Had my first hit of anxiety acute enough to prevent me going to work.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The standing basketball hoop I got my partner for Christmas.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My partner, who is so generous and accepting.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
So many people, OMG. Basically everyone who voted for Trump and most of the people who voted Liberal.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Moving house.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
George Michael's Father Figure
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i) Happier or sadder? Happier.
ii) Thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii) Richer or poorer? Poorer, for sure, except in all the non-money ways.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Cleaning, cooking, creative things
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Ignoring my mental health, eating out, letting food go rotten in the fridge.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Breakfast with my partner's family then Christmas Day with my mum's family at my uncle's. He has a pool.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Please Like Me
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
An Accident of Stars
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
There were good things at the Port Fairy Folk Festival.
28. What did you want and get?
A good place to live.
29. What did you want and not get?
A couple of jobs I wanted, a car.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
31. Had drinks in a local bar with a birthday twin.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Idk, it's a pretty good year on balance. If my partner's car has been worth fixing.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
"Is this ok?"
34. What kept you sane?
I am not sane.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The welfare system.
37. Who did you miss?
My brother, who has moved to Canada.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
There's a reason psychiatry and psychology are professional qualifications.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
This is still not happening.
Please come to the dreamwidth post of this entry! There are comments