Went to a stadium rock concert: Bloc Party at Margaret Court Arena.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I did do some research things! and some hanging our with people.
Things that I want this year that I can have:
Completed research article (or two).
House anyone can visit at any time.
Active Patreon page.
A fit body.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2019 that you lacked in 2018?
See new year's resolutions.
7. What date from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
11 August, engagement party.
27 November, Bloc Party!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Presenting two papers in the paper conservators conference and having people tell me they were thought provoking. They laughed at my jokes.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a job I went for, but that actually turned out way better to keep the job I had.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bloc Party tickets.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My partner, as ever.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Scott Morrison in particular and the Liberal party in general. Also a lot of Labor and Greens people as well.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2018?
Bloc Party, Blue Light
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i) Happier or sadder? Happier.
ii) Thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii) Richer or poorer? Poorer, for sure, except in all the non-money ways.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Hung with friends.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Commuting (there is no way of changing this).
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Woke up at my mother in laws and did breakfast. Drove 1 hour and 45 minutes to my uncle's, ate lots of food and painted a Christmas tree. Drove 1 hour and 20 minutes back.
21. Did you fall in love in 2018?
With my partner again.
23. How many one-night stands?
Lost count, maybe five.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Pie in the Sky again.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
The Tumblr staff, kind of.
26. What was the best book you read?
So many good books, but I think it was Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Bloc Party. I had not heard them before this year, and had not really listened to them til I went with my partner to their Silent Alarm concert. It felt like I should have been listening to their music for years.
28. What did you want and get?
I got to meet my niece.
Got cool Christmas presents.
A script for anti depressants.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I do not know what films I've seen this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
33. Had dinner with my parents.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More money/less debt.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2018?
My partner found it in an op shop.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gordon Ramsey, sigh
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My new boss is good.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2018:
Asking for things is an important and useful step is getting things.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Please come to the dreamwidth post of this entry! There are comments